The Ministry: Gigi & Randy Burgess Music Ministry is comprised of a husband and wife gospel duet based out of North Texas who travel across the southern states.
Both are born-again Christians whose beliefs are in line with the Baptist Faith and Message. Called to bring the Gospel message in song, devotionals, and testimony, they strive to evangelize the lost, inspire worship, uplift fellow Christians, and to reach out to those who are unsaved, discouraged or hurting. They are equipped to bring a special music segment or an entire church service, as needed. They were each a popular soloist prior to forming the duet ministry in 2007 and have since ministered in countless churches of varying denominations, revivals, senior and rehabilitation centers, fairs, festivals, rodeos, opry theaters, convention centers, open-air concerts, and more.
Their Mission is to inspire worship, to point to Jesus, to reach lost souls or plant seeds, to encourage and equip other believers to do the same. While it is always wonderful to hear that someone enjoyed the music, it is their prayer to be vessels for God to move through and stir the hearts of the people. Everything else is secondary.
The Music: Their music includes a variety of styles ranging from toe-tapping Southern Gospel and Christian Country to uplifting, soulful ballads, traditional hymns, and worship songs. They sing with professionally mastered, recorded accompaniment music to present a live music sound. Their song selections incorporate both original and cover songs ranging from current hits to time-honored favorites. Their program delivers the Gospel message with powerful, uplifting music, devotionals and testimony with sincerity, warmth, and humor. They offer an invitation to salvation and to pray with those who have needs or requests.
About the Artists:
David Randall “Randy” Burgess is a powerful vocalist who, for a number of years, sang lead vocals for a widely popular traveling gospel trio band, "Gospel Express" which was based out of north Arkansas. He later sang lead vocals for "His Family" quartet for a couple of years then went on to sing lead in the "Sounds of Hope" quartet and toured with them for four years before embarking on a solo career which includes accolades such as opening for Johnny Rodriquez and Jumpin' Bill Carlisle, among others.
Gigi Wynell (Baxter) Burgess was born in Amarillo, Tx. and raised in south Dallas. Church was not a constant for her family, yet she received Christ at the age of 18. Years later she joined GABC and studied discipleship for over 10 years while serving in the recovery ministry, women's healing ministry and the drama ministry. She began singing in 2005 at various churches as a soloist and accepted the call to music ministry in 2007. She assisted leading the music service at Amazing Grace Fellowship for 2 years and then at Culleoka Baptist for 7 years.
Her smooth, rich contralto voice exudes a type of smoky blues quality and has won her some nominations and awards of her own. In addition to the busy duet ministry, she continues to minister as a solo artist in nursing homes, women's ministries and other venues as God leads. She is also a graphic artist who assists Randy in his business by creating renderings for his customers. She also creates all of the marketing materials for the business and their ministries. In her free time, she enjoys painting and creating. The couple was married in 2008.
Accolades: They have received awards in Texas and Oklahoma. In Branson, Missouri they placed top 10, and the following year in the top 5, as finalists for the nationally acclaimed SGN Scoops' Diamond Awards for “Duet of the Year”. They have performed with several nationally acclaimed artists and professional groups and countless semi-professional local groups. They have appeared on many Christian television and radio programs. Songs from their CDs have been played on radio and internet radio around the world.
Available Equipment: They travel with professional, powered JBL sound system with Allen & Heath mixing console which will easily accommodate a wide range of indoor and outdoor venues.
Here are some ways you can help support the ministry:
• Prayer – Please pray for people to come to hear the music and be saved, and for the Burgesses as they prepare and travel.
• Monetary love offerings, one-time or monthly.
• CDs, various products, and artwork - gifts displayed on the product table are available for a love offering. Funds received from these items will assist in ministry supplies (Bibles, tracts, etc.), equipment costs, CD production, costs of CD recording and duplication, legal expenses and licenses, etc., as well as travel expenses.
• References and contact information for other churches or places to minister in your area at the same time they are booked with you. If you secure another venue for them while they are in your area this will help cover the cost of travel expenses; food, gas, and lodging.
• First, they cover travel expenses, then if there is any left it is pooled for ministry efforts; to spread the Gospel in word and song, to distribute Bibles, salvation tracts and cover other ministry or music equipment and supplies.
• A portion is tithed to other ministries from what is received. They also give to those in need as led by God.
• The ministry is not a registered 501c3.